I was at Royal Ascot a few weeks ago and was surprised to find a unisex lavatory block there. The facilities themselves were fine, but all the women and men in our party were unhappy about it, although we used them before finding a more traditional Ladies and Gents.
It was fascinating to see what happened later without any prompting or direction: the women queued up to enter the block by the left hand side door and the men in an equally orderly queue to go in the right hand door.
Habits take some changing and maybe some won’t!
Gillian Morley is a Partner in Attain Development who have a passion for increasing the number of women in Board and Senior Management positions.
Here at Attain, our aim is to help you build maximum confidence and perform to the very best of your ability.
Our coaching is focused, relevant and informed by our combined years of operating at the sharp edge of business. Our sessions will be inspiring, will give you clear results and give you the tools to act upon immediately.
We have helped people like you to:
- clarify their career goals
- identify how to achieve them
- understand potential obstacles and how to overcome them
- operate at senior and Board level and develop essential skills quickly
- lead with confidence, especially in challenging situations
- influence difficult colleagues
- achieve a fulfilling and sustainable career and work life balance